Do you have any security measures before traveling?
Apr 15,2022 | Longplus
There are certain mistakes a lot of people make when going on vacations that can sometimes be very… costly. With LongPlus security cameras, you can monitor your house no matter how far. All you need is an internet connection and you can remotely view your house.
But that’s just one of the many things you need to take into account before traveling. In this piece, we will help you take all the necessary precautions before you go on vacation. So let’s see our checklist of essential things to do before going on a vacation.
1. Install security Cameras
This should be on the top of your list. A good Wi-Fi security camera such as from LongPlus can not only help you monitor your home and keep it protected, it also fends off burglars and thieves who don’t want to risk being identified and only target homes with minimum or low security. It is your one-way ticket to ensure while you travel, your house remains under your own watchful protection.
2. Pause All Your Mail and Deliveries
You don’t want your mail or deliveries to give away that you are not at home. This is why you need to put everything at pauses. Contact relevant departments and have everything stopped for the duration you are not at home.
3. Tell Your Neighbors or Friends
You need to have someone you really trust onboarded with you. It could be your neighbor or a friend, just make sure they are someone who can keep an eye on your house. They may also receive your mail for you and keep you posted on any developments. But of course, if you have LongPlus security cameras installed, you can keep a look for yourself as well.
4. Turn Off the Gas
This is very important. If your house has a gas connection, it is vital that you turn off the main connection from the source before you go on vacation. Otherwise, in case of leakage, it may completely fill up your house and can cause a serious accident even if a spark is introduced in its vicinity.
5. Lock Away All Your Valuables
This means jewelry, cash, or anything of value. It must be placed in a safe that is hard to break into.
- Make sure the fire alarm is working
- Switch off any unnecessary electronic system but make sure your LongPlus security cameras have electric as well as internet connection
- Instruct your Gardner and pool cleaner (if you have a pool) to regularly do their job even in your absence
- Install light sensors
- Make sure all the locks are working properly, if not, have them replaced before you go. Think about investing in smart locks
- Keep the curtains or blinds in position how you normally keep them instead of shutting them entirely
- If possible, leave your car in the driveway to make it seem you are home
These are some essential tips that you must follow before going on vacation to make sure you come back to your house just the way you left it. To invest in a smart and effective CCTV monitoring system, opt for LongPlus security cameras that can help you keep a sharp eye on your business 24/7 from anywhere, anytime.